Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Week 6-ish

I'm a bit late posting my reflections about week six since I am in the midst of grappling with week 7, but oh well. I am excited about investigating what kinds of games I would like to use in my classroom -- I think they are a logical extension of the board games I used to play in school. It was interesting learing about the Google game and I was a bit disappointed that my web presence is so small, but I'm sure that will change. I added a couple of meta tags to my website a couple of weeks ago, so now if you Google Jarvis Academy my site is the second result -- so that is cool! The APA stuff is interesting but a little tedious! In the free-wheeling world of Web 2.0 does anyone really care if you put an ampersand between the two authors when you cite them?! I think having some sort of citation is necessary but all of those rules are ridiculous for most elementary school settings.

I am still frustrated at having to figure out most of this stuff on my own and wished that the class met a few times, but I'm glad it's almost over. I hope we aren't on to Web 3.0 by the time I actually get in a classroom and all of this stuff we're learning isn't out of date!

No comments: